Archive for April, 2011
here is the list:
- create your 3d model
- convert all curves to meshes and apply all modifiers
- join all parts of the model together into a single mesh
- check that the model do not have any floating parts if you do not want them
- check the model for “non manifold” parts (edit mode – deselect all -> select -> non manifold) => tutorial
- * unwrap the model
- * put the texture on the same directory level as the blend file
- * set the texture to the model
- enable units under scene -> units in Blender
- set the dimensions of your model with the help of the units (eg. 12cm)
- IMPORTANT: apply the scale to the model (ctrl-a -> scale)
- export to collada (*.dae)
- open the exported model with MeshLab (free)
- save the model without any modifications as VRML (*.wrl) file
- * pack the VRML file and the texture (same directory level!) into a zip file and upload it to ShapeWays
- -or- upload only the VRML file to ShapeWays
- check your email inbox for error / success messages
* = for colored print
i hope i could help!
Its hard to find Informations about the place where the UpdateUri is saved on a windows machine.
The only information i was found is where the binaries of a ClickOnce application is stored.
This whould be:
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\ (XP)
The UpdateUri of a particular application can be found in the registry:
The key will contain a string like this:
If this address is called in the browser (InternetExplorer or Firefox with AddOn), the application starts to install.
If you change the ApplicationName.application to publish.htm, a install page will be displayed.